Teenage Mothers & Young Fathers
Info for Young People
Schools & Youth Clubs
Donors & Supporters
Straight Talking are always open to suggestions of how we can work with other organisations and are committed to effective multi-agency working to ensure the wellbeing of young people in the area of relationship and sex education and teenage parenthood.
Several examples of partnership projects that we have successfully taken part in previously include:
- Straight Talking partnering with several local authorities to deliver our courses across the borough
- Partnering with Housing Associations to offer employment opportunities to residents
- Working with Oakhill Youth Offenders Institute for Boys to develop a curriculum for the Secure Training Centre on teenage parenthood
- NHS Team Up and Straight Talking engaged in a research project with teenage mothers and young fathers exploring barriers to engagement with NHS services
- A partnership project with the National Childbirth Trust supported young mothers to achieve a qualification in anti-natal care.
- Funding from Grundtvig ESF allowed Straight Talking to work with teenage parents in Germany, Lithuania, Poland and Austria to broaden perceptions and knowledge.
- Straight Talking partnering with the National Gallery on an educational project explored themes of a Titian painting with particular relevance to teenage parents.
- Semester at Sea invited two Straight Talking teenage parents to take part in their floating university project.
The presentation of knowledge and understanding, and the use of a diverse range of materials was, as usual, excellent. The course captured the interest of the boys and could have continued for a longer period of time.